The PADI Open Water diver course is the start of your adventure under water.
Do you want to get your diving certificate, and explore a whole new world underwater? Then this course is for you!
You learn to dive independently and obtain a lifetime valid certificate with which you can discover the underwater world worldwide.
This course starts twice weekly at our PADI diving center.
Getting your PADI Open Water certification at Big Blue Divers means diving into a whole new world of fun, wonder and adventure!
Your PADI Open Water Diver certification:
- Is valid all over the world
- Makes diving fun for you and your friends or family
- Opens a new world for you
- It never expires
- You make new friends around the world wherever you go diving
What the PADI Open Water Diver course includes:
- You learn the basics of diving theory with PADI eLearning, online, so you can learn at your own pace and convenience, and you can complete the entire theory portion in advance of your vacation, so you do not have to spend precious holiday time.
- The practical portion of the course with us can be completed in 2 full days or 3 shorter days.
- You start with learning the basic diving techniques, and you complete the course with 4 training dives at different dive locations whereby you apply the diving skills you have learned.
- You will become a certified PADI Open Water Diver who can go underwater anywhere!
You can start today
With PADI eLearning you study at your own pace and time. We can keep track of progress in the background and help you when necessary.
This modern interactive learning method combines tutorials and videos to explain diving theory.
You complete all theory including quizzes and the final exam before your arrival to the Seychelles.
You will see for yourself how easy and fast it is to learn the basic knowledge of the PADI Open Water Diver course to start diving yourself.
The dive skills
We teach you the skills of the PADI Open Water Diver course.
You learn how to handle, setup, and care for diving equipment. And of course you learn dive skills, underwater and above water, to be able to dive safely and to maximize your fun.
The training dives
After you have completed the dive skill sessions it is time for the last steps “Diving in the open water”.
There are 4 training dives to complete in the open water by boat at different locations, all dive skills you have acquired will be used again during the training dives, and you will see much marine life in the process.
Once you have completed all 4 training dives you will be awarded the PADI Open Water Diver diving certification.
Good to know, to enroll the course you need:
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Normal health
- A reasonable swimming skill
Included in the PADI Open Water Diver course:
- PADI eLearning theory
- Dive skill sessions
- 4 Training dives in open water
- Dive equipment rental
- Boat trips
- A logbook for logging your dives
What’s so great about your PADI Open Water Diver certification:
- You are qualified to dive worldwide to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
- Your PADI certification is recognized and accepted all over the world.
- Your PADI OWD certification is your stepping stone to PADI advanced courses. Because there is always more to learn